The first school of the INSPYRE project will focus on the Generation IV reactors fuel cycle. It will take place at the Delft University of Technology from May 13th to 17th, 2019 in the city of Delft (The Netherlands). It is co-organised by the INSPYRE and GENIORS projects.
The school, designed for graduate students, young scientists and professionals, will give a comprehensive overview of the nuclear fuel cycle for next generation fast neutron nuclear reactors.
It will cover key aspects of chemistry, physics and materials science involved in each stage of the fuel cycle, with a particular focus on the challenges of oxide fuels.
COURSES AND TUTORIALS
- Generation IV systems and closed fuel cycle
- Fuel manufacturing and qualification
- Detailed fuel characterization
- Fuel behaviour under irradiation
- Multiscale modelling and fuel performance codes
- Fuel reprocessing and recycling